Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Silverware drawer organizer

 
One of my earliest projects was a replacement for my chintsy plastic silverware organizer
 I ripped a pine stud into 5 or so half inch slats and rounded the tops off and then set the layout and glued it together
 

In the process of making this I also had what one might call a slight mishap. Unaware of general safety rules when using a table saw, i reached behind the blade to reach for this piece of wood. The wood kicked and my index finger was sucked into the blade 
I immediately call my father.
"hey dad hows it goin?"
and these were literally his first words
"Good Good. You still got all your fingers?"
Hes a psychic
This blade(well, not this one exactly, but you get the idea)


 
The blade scraped all of the pad of my left index finger and left it hanging by a thread. I went to urgent care and they tried to sew thew skin back on, but alas, it did not take. It turned black and fell off when I was helping someone move a table at work.
Luckily  the skin healed well underneath, and while it is even now not fully healed(nerve damage), it could have been much much worse.

 Thanks for reading

1 comment:

  1. love the wood pattern in the silverware tray. Go Bri.

    ReplyDelete